Sunday, January 8, 2012

When a minn kota trolling motor overheats, what is the quickest way to restart it?

Letting it cool down would definetely be the fastest way to get it running again (just like when a car runs hot); I've actually never saw a trolling motor overheat; Sounds like u have a problem with it; It may the size of the battery u r using, or there may be something wrong with your trolling motor; I'd make sure that I was using the right size marine battery first, then if it happens again, u know it's something in your trolling motor making it run hot; Hope this helps.|||Sounds to me like the motor windings are shorted or the bearings are shot. I wouldn't depend on it anymore, it's going to crap out on you when you really need it. It must be in real bad shape because it should be cooled by the water it is operating in in.|||I would just let it cool down before trying to start it up again. Either drop anchor or drift when this happens. Next time maybe don't push it too hard or maybe there's something wrong with the motor. I would get it checked out if I were you. Good luck fishin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment