Saturday, January 14, 2012

What is your ideal fishing boat? What makes it so special?

Is it a $300,000 blue water boat, an inflatable boat, or something in between. Mine is a 14' jon boat with 15hp Johnson outboard and a Minn Kota bow mount trolling motor. I have caught so many bass from this rig in area lakes and ponds. It's as close to perfect as I could wish for.What is your ideal fishing boat? What makes it so special?
I have a tweener boat. 17 foot bass tracker. I can hit lake michigan if I keep it close enough to shore that I can motor to the breakwall if the weather changes, I can fish all lakes, and I can fish most rivers.



It has almost enough room for all my gear (do they ever hold them all). I do want a bigger boat to go miles out on lake michigan and a 10 foot jon for little streams to piddle around in.



The tweener fits most all of my needs. Perfect for Canada too.
i would say a deep v for bigger water, and a flat bottom for riversWhat is your ideal fishing boat? What makes it so special?
i think id rather have a nice speed boat that I could sunbathe on rather than fish from!! lol
Thats hard to answer becuase some fishing boats are not good for some kinds of fishing. I like small boats as they are quite manouvarble and light to handle so a 12 - 14 lund is nice or same size zodiac with a 20hp motor is perfect. But thats good on small lakes or lakes with lots of cover but if you fishing on say the great lakes you'd want a bigger boat for stablity and what not so really it depends on your fishing and the lakes that your on.What is your ideal fishing boat? What makes it so special?
For me, is the one who stays on the ground all the time.
I love my Ranger bass boats, I have three one doesn't have alot of room and is a pretty old tri hull but it will catch fish, my next is an 88 374 it's decent with a most of the bells and whistles, and my newest addition is a 95 391 it has all of it, plenty of storage, plenty of power 200HP Johnson Venom and 74 thrust minn kota two live wells and enough room to sun bath or fish on the back deck maybe even hold a dance. The thing that makes the newest one great it the fuel cap. 52 gallons that means I can make them longer runs during the tournaments and not have to worry about weather or not I have enough fuel. Just a big enough wallet to fill it back up. Their is nothing wrong with them little jon boats, actually their are times I'd rather have one for fuel cost and to get into the honey holes that are shallow. good luck fishing
I live in Georgia and there are many Creeks and Rivers some have shallow run areas that go for miles and the only boat your gonna get in there is a Canoe or a Jon Boat. So that is why these two are my favorites for tight area fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment