Thursday, January 19, 2012

Has anyone used/would recommend this boat motor?

It's the Minn Kota Endura, 12 volt, 30 lb. thrust motor. I would be putting it on a 12 foot fishing boat. The reviews on Amazon are "ehh" so I figured I'd try the yahoo community, since their input is usually better. I have a link if anyon wants to see it:



http://www.amazon.com/MINN-ENDURA-VOLTS-鈥?/a>





I can't seem to find any specifics, like battery life per charge, etc. Any input would be appreciated, thanksHas anyone used/would recommend this boat motor?
Bass Pro has the same motor for $109.99 plus you get a rebate coupon good for $20 which should help cover shipping cost.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores鈥?/a>

I have the 40# thrust MinnKota on my 14' Jon boat and it works very well on small lakes and ponds with 3 people and loaded with gear. Read the reviews...it's all good!Has anyone used/would recommend this boat motor?
My uncle has the same model on a 10' plastic two man boat. I don't think he's ever had any problems with it. 30lb. will be plenty for a 12' boat. His will run for around 3 hours on a group size 27 deep cycle.



Everyone has their favorites based on what they have had luck with. Personally I've never liked Minn Kota's much. The main reason is that they seem to go through a battery charge quicker than most. I've had Minn Kota's, Motorguide's, %26amp; OMC's and Motorguide has always been my favorite. I have Motorguide's on both of my current boats, but like I said it's personal preference.Has anyone used/would recommend this boat motor?
MinnKotas are typically good trolling motors, the only thing I remember that's not so good is that there was a model that had a recall last year, but MinnKota sent out a notice to dealers to contact anyone who had purchased one in the specific serial number range to have them bring their motor back in for replacement... something about one of the circuit boards making them overheat or something if I remember correctly. It's the only brand that comes standard on Rangers, I know that much, and I know how much Ranger likes to make sure they have a superior product.

No comments:

Post a Comment