Thursday, January 19, 2012

How much do you think my trolling motor and battery are worth?

I want to sell my trolling motor and marine battery. I'm thinking 100 bucks for both. The motor is about ten years old, in excellent running condition(but looks obviously used), and the Marine battery is about 2 years old and has been used twice.

Motor: Minn Kota Endura 40, 40 lb thrust

Battery: Everstart Maxx-29, 875/675 (This is one heavy battery).

I will not be going on Ebay, but opting to put them in the front yard with a for sale sign.How much do you think my trolling motor and battery are worth?
Blu-



The minn kota is prolly worth 50 bucks and the battery is a tough sell. The Everstart is made by Delphi, who makes a good battery, buuuut this one is kind of a dual purpose battery, which isn't necessarily a good thing. If one knows his battery's, they would be reluctant to buy anything used. Most people have no idea how to maintain a battery properly.



Not sure your front yard is a good place to sell. I would try Craig's list.. list it at100 bucks, its a little much, but remember, you can always go down in price, but never come up.How much do you think my trolling motor and battery are worth?
um marine battery over 12 months old = worthless.....trolling motor worth money only if it works and u can still get parts for it....



but 100 bucks sounds reasonable for working trolling motor.....but would depend on the the size...since u can get small ones new for 150 or so....

No comments:

Post a Comment