Saturday, January 14, 2012

Minnn kota endura transom mount set up?

I just bough a minn kota endura 50 lbs. thrust trolling motor, I have a 19 ft. four winns i/o 170 hp fiber glass open bow boat, there is not too much room to install a trolling motor without removing the chrome rails from bow...I have n't installed my new trolling motor and my question is, will I have any problems by rotating the controll lever on this particular model 180 degrees and home make a mounting bracket so I can steer the trolling motor from my open bow while is pushing forward?.... will it work this way ? , I'm aware that this minn kota trolling motor was design to be a transon mount....any tips and answers are highly apreciatedMinnn kota endura transom mount set up?
The motor doesn't care where it's mounted. If you can mount it so it reaches the water go ahead. Being electric it can run in either direction.Minnn kota endura transom mount set up?
unfortunately you'll have to reach way out over the bow to control speeds and steer, i'd take it back and get the propper bow mount set-up.

1 comment:

  1. What should be done to a trolling motor that is 10 years old and hasn't been used but once since it wse new???

    ReplyDelete