Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Does a minn-kota 50# thrust need i battery or two?

You should look at the pedal for the settings, they usually will have a 12V and a 24V setting. That is when the trolling motor will require two betteries. I am almoost certain yours does. I had an issue with my 65# thrust Minn Kota so i contacted Minn Kota and the customer service was amazing. they walked me through my fix and gave me some great tips( no, I dont work for them..lol) Hope I helped.Does a minn-kota 50# thrust need i battery or two?
That all depends on what style of fishing you are using it for and the size/ amount of batterys. First a 50lb thrust motor is probably a 12 volt system I am guessing. Now you have a few options with Marine Deep Cycle Battery size. The 2 common sizes are a group 24 and a group 27, the 27 being the bigger, also it weights more. Now I do alot of moving around from spot to spot so I always carry 2 batterys (group 27). I rig them up in a Parallel system so the motor draws from both, and not wears out one at a time. This will usually last me over 8 hours with alot of moving around the lake. So the short answer is, if you intend on moving around the lake, 2 batteries, anchoring in one spot for a time, 1 will do. Dont skimp, remember you are counting on the battery to get you in.



You should also carry a battery gauge to make sure its charged when your out on the water, and know when to head in before it dies.





Mr. LDoes a minn-kota 50# thrust need i battery or two?
If you are going to be using the motor for over 4 hours, go ahead and get 2 batteries. That way you can fish all day without problems.Does a minn-kota 50# thrust need i battery or two?
Go ahead and rig up two so you can watch it melt down. Just don't forget the paddle before you leave the dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment