Thursday, January 19, 2012

Trolling motor battery?

I just bought a Minn Kota 36 # thrust Trolling Motor and I plan on using it on my small bass fishing boat. I want to use it as the primary motor, meaning I wont have a gas motor. My boat is only 9' so I didnt bother getting a large motor. So now I am wondering what kind of battery should I get? I would like it to last from sun up to sun down. I have a really nice battery charger made for deep cell batteries already.Trolling motor battery?
Get the biggest battery money will allow as Dumdum said, a decent sized reserve time is a good thing as well. Don't make the same mistake I did a few years back by getting a deep cycle starting battery. I used it for about 2 weeks for 6-8 hours just fine but soon after it wouldn't run but about 2 hours. I took it in to have it tested and they quickly pointed out it was a starting battery. Dumb mistake on my part not paying attention.Trolling motor battery?
Personally I use Optima batteries, if ya' decide on one you'll want the Blue Top Marine Deep Cycle. Understand that Auto Zone carries the Duralast, which have heard are pretty good and has a' more affordable co$t to them then the Optima. Whatever battery you decide on I might suggest, especially when your primary source of power is an electric troller ~ handheld battery meter/tester (link). It'll keep you in charge of the charge;)...Hope ya' find somethin' soon ie., temps/weather are changin' which = good weather;)... %26lt; * { {{ %26gt; %26lt;



Optima Battery Blue Top Marine:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa鈥?/a>



Duralast Marine:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog鈥?/a>



Battery Tester:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa鈥?/a>Trolling motor battery?
Buy the largest deep cycle marine battery available . It will last you from daylight to dark provided you use in in normal stop and go fishing. Use it on the lowest power setting that will allow you to fish effectively. If you hold it down in high and never let up on it you may go 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment