Thursday, January 19, 2012

How many amps for my Boat motor?

Hello, I am looking at Minn Kota Endura 50 42" Trolling Motor. How many amps on a battery do I need? I found a battery that can come with it on amazon but it still doesnt say its amps or how long it will last with this motor. Also how can I charge this from the wall? The top link is the motor and battery, the bottom link is the charger I found, will these work?? It is for a 16ft sailboat. Please let me know, the free shipping deal ends soon. Thank you!How many amps for my Boat motor?
from my personal experience ,I'd buy the best ,most powerful marine battery that would fit in space you have alloted for it, and a trickle charger could charge it for you when not in use.. a slow charge is most efficient anywayHow many amps for my Boat motor?
The Minn Kota is a fresh water only so it's not made with corrosion resistant material. a Single 27 or 31 group deep cycle battery will last quite a while. Get a 6 amp charger. and a Solar panel for the boat so when your sailing it can charge some of the power back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment