Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Minn-kota....or...motor guide?

Over the years i've had both and I have noticed something "odd".



My Minn-Kota's are not always the same "thrust pound" as my Motorguide's.



Example: My Minn-kota 40 Lb thrust motor isn't as "strong" as my Motorguide 40 Lber,(I would rate the Minn-kota 40 at a 30 LB Motorguide thrust!).



I think they are both excellent company's. But, Motorguides seem to put out more "thrust" per pound,(at least thats my experience).



And I agree, Motorguides are excellent in Saltwater. Minn-Kota's are for Freshwater.Minn-kota....or...motor guide?
I have owned plenty of both I never broke either never had a problem with either I guess you take the best deal and go with it just stay away from the bass pro brand prowler the clamps they use to hold those things on the boat suck
Both are good. I always bought Minn-Kota and have'nt ever had any trouble.Minn-kota....or...motor guide?
Minn-kota in fresh water. Motor Guide in salt water
minn-kotaMinn-kota....or...motor guide?
Personal preference, that be the key! Like the other responder I've had ours for a' many of years with not a problem, only difference is ours be a Motor Guide. Ta' reiterate ~ personal preference. As long a ya' pull preventive maintenance (PM'n) it's goin' to last ;)...
I have a 55lb thrust minn-kota and i absolutely LOVE it
Minn Kota. Ive had a minn kota for like 10 years and i have never had to fix or replace anything. I reccommend Minn-Kota

No comments:

Post a Comment