Saturday, January 14, 2012

Do i need to register a trolling motor for my canoe? (New Hampshire)?

I am thinking of buying a Minn Kota Endura 34 Trolling motor. Do i need to register it for my canoe? I live in New Hampshire, and from what i see online certain states have their own rules.Do i need to register a trolling motor for my canoe? (New Hampshire)?
No. And its the boat, or kayak, or canoe that you register, not the motor. The only time when you have to register any vessel is when you put a gasoline engine on it.



At least that's the way it works in California.Do i need to register a trolling motor for my canoe? (New Hampshire)?
In my state, if you use paddles, no reg. needed. if motorized need reg. you'll have to check with your state

d.n.r. for regulations on motors.





putting an electric motor on a canoe is fun but it won't steer that good unless you have a stern mount or it helps if you have someone up frontDo i need to register a trolling motor for my canoe? (New Hampshire)?
in kansas oklahoma and texas, ANY motorized vessel has to be registered. even float tubes with trolling motor mounts. the float tube has to be registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment