Saturday, January 14, 2012

How long will my trolling motor last on my battery?

I have an inflatable Fish Hunter 360. It is 12ft long and 5ft wide. I am using a 50lbs thrust minn kota trolling motor and a 125 AH battery. I'm told the motor should use about 1 amp per pound of thrust. so on high i'm thinking the battery should last about 2 1/2 hrs. i'm hoping one of you guys can tell me i'm wrong or give me an idea to charge the battery when i'm on the water.How long will my trolling motor last on my battery?
Your motor will drain the battery in less than 2 hours, and the longer you use it the quicker it will drain. If your battery is a "deep cycle" it will discharge slower and farther but don't look for a big increase in time of use. There is no practical way to charge your battery while on the water.
  • jet ski
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment