Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I have a Minn Kota 50lb thrust trolling motor that wont steer. Where can I find an owners manual?

You can try fixing it yourself with some good old-fshioned thinking. First is it hand control or foot control? If it is foot control, which I bet it is, the cable is probably frozen up. It just needs a new cable. If it is hand control and not steering. It probably needs a new base. The base gets corroded and sticks to the shaft. Just need to figure out what the problem is and fix it. Contact me with any more questions on this one. Parts can be found online.I have a Minn Kota 50lb thrust trolling motor that wont steer. Where can I find an owners manual?
Try corporate website--this comes up alot with manufacturers and many of them will have links already set up so you can get it on-line. If not then they will probably have a toll-free to their Customer Service Dept.I have a Minn Kota 50lb thrust trolling motor that wont steer. Where can I find an owners manual?
I had the same problem, i took it to a minn kota repair place and they told me make sure your battery is fully charged and you may possibly need a 50 amp circuit breaker going to it and if that's not the problem then you will probably have to have a new circuit board on. If you bought it less than 3 years ago, it is covered under warranty. If longer than 3 years, you are usually better off buying a new one. But to answer your question, go to Minn Kota.com and click on service or warranty.

No comments:

Post a Comment