Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Minn Kota Trolling Motors: Will I notice a speed difference between a 55lb thrust and a 70 or 80lb thrust?

We have a little fishing boat on a small man made lake. I had a 55lb thrust minn kota on there for a couple years. Went to Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday and bought another 55lb thrust minn kota for $250 (-$40 for a 15% coupon).



I got home and noticed they had the same thrust...I used it yesterday and it is constructed better. The grip is better. Seems to drive straight where the other one would not drive in a straight line by itself.



Anyways, I just checked online and they have Minn Kota's that go up to about $2,000....Out of my price range but they do have an 80lb thrust motor for $560 or a 70lb for $450..



Here is the link: http://mk.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/208鈥?/a>



Would say a jump from 55 to 80 lb thrust be MUCH faster? Would I hardly notice? Is it worth returning the one I just got for the upgrade?Minn Kota Trolling Motors: Will I notice a speed difference between a 55lb thrust and a 70 or 80lb thrust?
need two batteries, will last much longer and D u will go 1-3 mph faster. i have a small alum boat and 55lb foot cont. runs 4-5 on 5 and my brothers 70 runs off and leaves me lol. its definitely worth the extra couple hundred if u have it.Minn Kota Trolling Motors: Will I notice a speed difference between a 55lb thrust and a 70 or 80lb thrust?
you get about 100 lbs of thrust per hp.

and a 2.5 hp merc costs about $750 NEW.



the "2 hp electric outboards", that cost $2,000+, you can get 10 hp with an outboard for that much. and the batteries for those, which dont last forever, are EXPENSIVE.



if you want to upgrade, dont waste money on electric. get a serious upgrade in power by going with an outboard.Minn Kota Trolling Motors: Will I notice a speed difference between a 55lb thrust and a 70 or 80lb thrust?
C
Of course it would be but better check the voltage and the amount of battery's U will need.

No comments:

Post a Comment