Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Is minn kota a good product??

ok it is time for me to replace my old antiquated trolling motor. it was a motor guide 24# thrust 36' shaft 12v. i want to repalce it with a minn kota 40# thrust 42' shaft model. what do you think?????????? serious replies only please, since 300$ is on the line here!!Is minn kota a good product??
I have owned several trolling motors over the years and have yet to find a better motor than the Minn Kota brand. I have one that I bought 12 years ago that has seen much use and abuse yet it keeps going like the Ever-ready rabbit. I also have one that came facory installed on my old bass boat, a 1977 model Glastron 17' and it still works good as the day it was new. Of course I had to replace the 12/24 volt switch 3 times in 30 years of service because they rusted out. Cost of parts was $5.

Buy Minn Kota. Buy quality.
Minn Kota is a great trolling motor i recently replaced my antique motor and studied long and hard it came down to Minn Kota and Motorguide, I wound up going with the Motorguide simply because they offered one that was more adaptable to my boat , but it was a hard decision, so if I were you I would most definetly choose between these two. Either one just as good as the other, if it means anything most of the B.A.S.S. Pros use Motorguide.Is minn kota a good product??
Minn kota's are great. We are on our second one. The first just wore out after 10 years of very extensive use. I would consider this short life except for the above average amount of use that it recieved each year. We had it on a 16' Sylvan V-hull fishing boat, and used it nearly every weekend march-october for those 10 years. Most of its use was here in Ohio, but also saw service in Canada. It was so good, when it was time to replace it we didn't even bother looking at other brands. I would highly recomend them.
I have been using Minn-Kota trolling motors since I got my first boat in 1975. I have had good reliable service from EVERY one that I have owned. I also have to agree with Roger C. in that Motor Guide is quality equipment, also.Is minn kota a good product??
MinnKotas are usually a good buy for the money. There are a few other brands out there with a little better quality, but a lot higher price.



I've used MinnKotas for a while, and I am reasonably happy with them.
I never had problems with Minn Kota and only a few very minor problems with Motor Guide.

Hey it's your money. Get what you want.
yes had one for years and not a bit of trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment