Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Minn Kota VS Motorguide ?

I have a 17' Key Largo fishing boat. I fish salt water all the time, and I am going to buy a trolling motor. Any suggestions?Minn Kota VS Motorguide ?
Motorguide!!!!



Here's a link to the model- http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores鈥?/a>



WHY Motorguide over Minn Kota?



Although Minn Kota makes a decent trolling motors they never run as strong as a Motorguide- example- A 55 LB Motorguide will pull at the advertised "55 pounds", whereas, a 55 LB Minn Kota will pull around 50 LB's.



You need all the "advertised" power you can get when your trying to pull against a tidal current.....esp with a heavy boat like a Key Largo.



(How do I KNOW about the Motorguide/Minn Kota??? I sold them in my store and had customers do actual tests on the water. Also, I did a test of my own on the water once.....)



You will need at least a 71LB thrust to pull your boat with "confidence".



Hope this helps ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment