Sunday, January 8, 2012

How do i remove the shaft from the lower unit of a Minn-Kota trolling motor?

I have a 65lb minn kota trolling motor, the shaft is cracked in the middle. I need to remove the lower unit, I have removed everything from the tolling motor. Including the motor itself. all i have is the casing of the lower unit. I cant seem to find out how to remove the shaft so i can replace it. Please Help||| On most trolling motors the tube is threaded into the motor housing


I believe that this is what you are calling the lower unit you will need a vise a pipe wrench and muscle but the shaft just unscrews.





There may be a roll pin going through it, you will need to remove this pin.Apply heat to the housing where the shaft screws in before you try to unscrew it, more than likely there is locktite on the threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment