Sunday, January 8, 2012

Can you adjust the shaft up and down on a Minn Kota Edge bow mount trolling motor?

Can you adjust the shaft up and down on a minn kota edge bow mount trolling motor? I see there are several different shaft sizes from 36" on up.. Wouldnt the shorter shaft be better so that it wouldnt hang up or catch on anything in the water?|||There are two models of the motor. One is a foot control and the other is the hand control. Both of them can be adjusted up or down to suit you best. The reason to get the shorter shaft is to use it on the smaller boats, not the larger 17 feet and better bass boats. Even though you may put the longer shafts on the smaller boats, the top would stick up so high it would interfere with your fishing and casting. For instance I have a 16 aluminum bass boat and use the 36 inch shaft on my trolling motor. This gives me the ability to troll in very shallow water without the top of the trolling motor get in the way of my casting. The 36 inch shaft works perfectly for me on that particular boat. But even with the short 36 inch shaft I sometimes raise it up to troll in very shallow water. Hope some of this helps you make your decision easier. Good luck!|||Yes they are adjustable. I actually prefer a longer shaft even though I fish extremely shallow water. The longer shaft brings the top higher up to me, I'm 6'4" so if I don't have to bend over to operate it I'm happy. If you have an automatic TM it would be a different story because you would be operating it w/ a pedal or a remote.|||hey man,yea you should be able to slide it up and down. there aught to be a set screw or a thumb screw close to the clamp that holds it to the boat. should be able to loosen that screw and slide it up. hope that helps you out a bit good luck good fishin be safe and remember to share the experience

No comments:

Post a Comment