Saturday, January 14, 2012

Can a minn kota all terrain 65 lb thrust handle a 20' boat in salt water?

It could with no tide ( coming in or out) no wind, no wave action.

I had a 80# MK on my 20ft Triton and on my new 21ft boat a Minn Kota Fortrex 101.



My thought that is on the light side for the ocean or any 20ft boat.

I would say nothing less than a 80#, due to all the conditions you are likely to run across while in salt water.

When fishing in the ocean/salt water you ALWAYS want to error towards safety. If you go to small it could get you in trouble, where as you could not have to big a unit in my humble opinion.Can a minn kota all terrain 65 lb thrust handle a 20' boat in salt water?
Get the biggest one you can afford and make sure it is hand operated if you fish standing up. Trying to use a trolling motor in rough water with a foot control while standing is a sure way to get thrown overboard. I fish a lot of tidal marsh areas in South Louisiana in a 16陆 foot boat with a 70# Riptide and wish I had more. With a 20' boat you should try for a 101# it won't be cheap but you will be happier.Can a minn kota all terrain 65 lb thrust handle a 20' boat in salt water?
man i really dont see why it wouldnt. it really all depends on the current the tide and if there are going to be waves. i put my lil boat which is only a hopped up john boat in tidal rivers (not the ocean) but there is good current and sometimes it gets about as rough as parts of the ocean and i troll around with my lil 36 lb minn koto. so man i really dont see why there would be any problems. man i hope this helps you a bit good luck good fishin be safe and remember to share the experience





oh yea to all-----minn kota kicks #$%^ yea you know
  • duplicolor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment